- High-heat oil, for grilling
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound lamb liver - patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 kielbasa sausage, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into chunks
- Sauerkraut, for serving (optional)
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat; lightly oil grates.
In a small bowl, mix together butter, parsley, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper until well combined; set aside.
Thread liver, sausage and apples alternatively on 8 skewers (see note). Brush lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill kebabs until grill marks appear and liver is just tender, turning frequently, 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove kebabs to warm serving plates and brush with butter mixture. Serve over sauerkraut, if desired.
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using.