- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 stalks fresh lemongrass, smashed, or 2 tablespoons dried lemongrass
- 8 ounces ramen noodles
- 1 cup thinly sliced baby bok choy or cabbage
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, ginger and garlic and cook until onions just begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Pour in broth, add lemongrass and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir in noodles, bok choy or cabbage, and soy sauce. Return to a boil and cook until noodles are tender, about 4 minutes. Remove fresh lemongrass stalks and stir in cilantro before serving.