- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallots
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds halibut, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil
- 2 zucchini or summer squash, thickly sliced
- 1 quart mixed cherry tomatoes
- Metal or bamboo skewers
Mix butter, garlic, 2 tablespoons basil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, lemon zest, shallots, salt and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
Gently toss halibut with oil, remaining 1 tablespoon basil and 1 teaspoon lemon juice; marinate for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Thread halibut (against the grain so the fish doesn’t fall apart), zucchini and tomatoes on skewers; lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill until fish is just opaque, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Remove fish to a platter and immediately top with half the lemon-basil butter. Serve additional butter sauce on the side.