- 1 3/4 pounds beef sirloin
- 1 cup of your favorite marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 8 cups romaine or mixed greens, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
In a shallow pan, marinate beef for 1 hour, or overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate. Place steak on grill and cook until desired doneness is reached. Remove from the heat and let sit until cool enough to handle. Slice steak into thin strips.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce; mix in cheese. Cover and place dressing in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Arrange lettuce and tomatoes, peppers, carrots, onions and olives on chilled plates. Top with steak and drizzle with dressing.
Serve with crusty grilled French bread.