- 2 tablespoons red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard, plus additional for serving
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for grilling
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound kielbasa or bratwurst sausage
- 1 large head radicchio, halved
- 1/2 small head cabbage, quartered
Preheat grill to medium heat.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey and shallots. Drizzle in oil, while whisking, to create an emulsified vinaigrette. Stir in caraway and fennel seeds; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Grill sausage, turning occasionally, until well browned and cooked through.
Drizzle oil on radicchio and cabbage and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool enough to handle, remove cores and roughly shred; toss with vinaigrette. Transfer “kraut” to a serving platter, top with cooked sausages and serve mustard on the side.