- 1 (16-ounce) prepared pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onions
- 4 slices prosciutto, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded Gouda or fontina cheese
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Divide dough in half and form into flattened balls. Press each into a flat circle. Brush lightly with oil.
To grill: Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill dough, oiled side down, until bottoms are firm and grill marks appear, about 3 minutes. Flip crusts over and grill until dough is set, about 2 minutes. Remove crusts from the grill and brush again with oil. Evenly divide nectarines, onions, prosciutto and cheese over each crust. Return to the grill, turn off heat, cover and cook until cheese melts, about 4 minutes.
To bake: Preheat oven to 500° F. Bake pizzas on a pan, oiled side down for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush again with oil. Evenly divide nectarines, onions, prosciutto and cheese over each crust. Return to the oven and bake directly on the rack until cheese melts, 5 to 10 minutes.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper before serving.
For additional flavor, grill nectarine slices lightly before topping pizza.