- 8 ounces (about 3/4 cup) ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 thick asparagus spears, tough ends removed
- 16 ounces prepared pizza dough
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 to 5 slices prosciutto, torn into strips (optional)
- A few leaves of fresh basil, torn or chopped
Preheat oven to 500° F.
In a small mixing bowl, combine ricotta, lemon zest, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and a few generous grinds of pepper. Set aside.
Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, cut the asparagus into thin, full-length shavings. Toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle on a pizza peel or sheet pan sprinkled with cornmeal. (The crust will be thin.)
Spread the ricotta mixture over the dough to form a thin layer. Arrange the asparagus over the ricotta. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake on a pizza stone or sheet pan until the crust is browned and the cheese melts, about 3 to 5 minutes on a pizza stone or 7 to 10 minutes on a sheet pan.
Add strips of prosciutto (if using) to the baked pizza. Sprinkle with basil and serve.