- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 crimini mushrooms
- 4 white button mushrooms
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup thin strips red bell peppers
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 to 6 cups baby salad greens
Gently brush mushrooms or toss them in a towel to remove any debris. Place in a large bowl. Pour enough Sesame Vinaigrette over mushrooms to coat well.
Toss carrots, bell pepper strips, green onions, sesame seeds and cilantro with a little vinaigrette and set aside.
Preheat grill to high and place mushrooms on the grate. For portobellos, allow 5 to 6 minutes per side (or until tender through) and about 4 minutes for smaller mushrooms.
Cut mushroom caps into slices. Toss greens with a little vinaigrette and pile on plates. Arrange mushrooms on top and garnish with carrot and bell pepper mixture.