- Oil, for grill
- 2 pounds honeydew or cantaloupe
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or queso panela cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grates.
Cut away the rind from melons; remove seeds if necessary. Cut fruit into 1-inch thick slices and season both sides lightly with salt and pepper. Grill melon until marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and let cool. Once cool, cut into 1-inch cubes.
In a large bowl, whisk together orange juice, cumin, chile pepper and cilantro. Add grilled melons, cheese, red onions and pumpkin seeds; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for several hours.