- 1/2 baguette, sliced on the thick bias
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 small zucchini, sliced on the thick bias
- 4 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- 10 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Rub both sides of bread slices with garlic; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle zucchini and tomato slices with oil, salt and pepper.
Grill bread, zucchini and tomato slices until tender and grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Arrange alternating slices of bread, zucchini, tomatoes and cheese on a large platter. Drizzle with pesto and vinegar. Sprinkle with basil leaves and top with additional salt and pepper, to taste.