- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 bell peppers (any color), seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch chunks (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wooden skewers
In a large bowl or resealable bag, combine chicken, zucchini, peppers, eggplant, onions, garlic, lemon juice, oil, oregano, mint, salt and pepper. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Soak skewers in water for 15 minutes.
Thread chicken, alternating with vegetables, onto skewers. Discard remaining marinade. Grill skewers, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.