- 2/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and thinly sliced (save some of the fronds for garnish)
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 3 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan halves
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
Place cranberries in a small bowl and toss with sugar; let sit for about 20 minutes.
Combine vinegar, honey, mustard and shallots in a bowl. Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking constantly to make an emulsified dressing. Fold in parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Combine cranberries, fennel, pear, orange and arugula on a large serving platter. Gently toss with dressing to coat. Sprinkle with pecans, blue cheese and reserved fennel fronds; serve immediately.