- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and finely grated
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
In a large bowl combine kale, Brussels sprouts, carrots and currants.
In a small bowl whisk together syrup, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in sesame oil, while whisking, to emulsify.
Pour dressing over kale mixture and mix well. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes to let the dressing soften the kale and Brussels sprouts. Mix again, then sprinkle with almonds before serving.