- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4 to 6
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Vegan, Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free
- Each serving
- 11g fat (1g sat)
- 0mg chol
- 300mg sodium
- 32g carb
- 6g fiber
- 19g sugars
- 6g protein
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and finely grated
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
In a large bowl combine kale, Brussels sprouts, carrots and currants.
In a small bowl whisk together syrup, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in sesame oil, while whisking, to emulsify.
Pour dressing over kale mixture and mix well. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes to let the dressing soften the kale and Brussels sprouts. Mix again, then sprinkle with almonds before serving.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member