- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
Mix together yogurt, parsley, mint, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Combine garbanzos, cucumber and red onions in a large bowl. Fold in yogurt dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste.
If you’re going to cook garbanzos from scratch, try the smaller, nuttier-tasting Pedrosillano bean from our bulk department. It’s a nice counterpoint to the tangy dressing.