- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons tamari, plus additional for serving
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs, plus additional for coating
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- High-heat or toasted sesame oil, for frying
Pulse edamame in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in carrots, ginger, garlic, tamari, breadcrumbs, egg, chives and cilantro. Mix until blended. Form into 9 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
Carefully roll fritters in additional breadcrumbs to coat the outside, pressing gently as needed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Fry fritters until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with additional tamari, for dipping.