- 1 1/2 cups French or grey-green lentils
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup broccolini, chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, to garnish
Rinse lentils under running water in a colander.
Place lentils in a saucepan with 3 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, checking occasionally and adding more water if needed. Remove from the heat and keep the lid on for an additional 10 minutes.
Bring the remaining 2 cups water to a boil in another pan. Add broccoli, reduce the heat to medium and let cook for 3 minutes. Add edamame and let steam for an additional 2 minutes. Strain the water from the pan and toss vegetables with coconut aminos.
Combine vinegar, mustard, syrup, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Taste to adjust seasonings, then stir in basil.
Add lentils to a large bowl with broccoli, edamame and strawberries. Toss with dressing and serve garnished with toasted hazelnuts.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member