- 2 teaspoons high-heat oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup red or orange lentils, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 mango - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 English cucumber, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
Heat oil in a heavy, deep saucepan over medium heat; add yellow onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, curry and coriander; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Mix in lentils and stock and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid is absorbed and lentils are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Fold in mango, cucumber, cilantro and red onions. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill warmed tortillas with curried lentils, roll and serve.
If you prefer, use frozen, diced mango. Just thaw out 1 cup and chop a little finer, so the chunks aren’t too big.