- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons high-heat oil
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 to 3 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 6 to 8 cauliflower florets
- 1 cup white wine, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 heaping teaspoon chickpea miso
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 Bosc pear, coarsely chopped
In a large sauté pan, cook onions in oil until lightly browned. While onions cook, steam carrots and potatoes until slightly softened, then add cauliflower and cook for an additional 2 minutes or so, until tender, but not mushy. If onions are done before the vegetables, remove pan from the heat.
Increase heat slightly and add 1/2 cup wine. Bring to a slight boil and stir in curry, sugar and tomato paste. Stir in miso and reduce heat. Add remaining wine. Stir and cook until a nice, thick sauce forms. Season with salt and pepper.
Add steamed vegetables, coating well with sauce. Add peas and cook on a low heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Before serving, add pears. Season again with salt and pepper, if necessary.