- 1 shallot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra to taste
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels scraped from cobs
- 3 cucumbers, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small handful fresh dill, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced Walla Walla or other sweet onions
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt, stirred
- 1 clove garlic, minced and mashed with a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Feta cheese, for serving
Sprinkle shallot slices with 1/2 teaspoon salt and let sit about 15 minutes to draw out the bitterness. Rinse with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl combine shallots with corn, cucumbers, peppers, dill and parsley; toss to combine.
In a smaller bowl whisk together buttermilk, vinegar, onions, yogurt and garlic. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking, until incorporated. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Serve the salad slightly chilled, garnished with feta cheese, and drizzled with the dressing.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member