- 1 shallot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra to taste
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels scraped from cobs
- 3 cucumbers, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small handful fresh dill, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced Walla Walla or other sweet onions
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt, stirred
- 1 clove garlic, minced and mashed with a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Feta cheese, for serving
Sprinkle shallot slices with 1/2 teaspoon salt and let sit about 15 minutes to draw out the bitterness. Rinse with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl combine shallots with corn, cucumbers, peppers, dill and parsley; toss to combine.
In a smaller bowl whisk together buttermilk, vinegar, onions, yogurt and garlic. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking, until incorporated. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Serve the salad slightly chilled, garnished with feta cheese, and drizzled with the dressing.