- 1 cup brown rice flour or quinoa flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweet corn (2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds mixed with 1/2 cup water (3 eggs may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 finely diced red or orange bell peppers
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn
- 1 bunch fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- Refined coconut oil, for frying
Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Blend almonds and water in a blender until smooth. Add frozen corn to the blender and continue blending until creamy. Combine with all other ingredients in a bowl and mix well until smooth. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.
Use a 1/3 cup scoop to form the fritters. In a skillet, fry the corn fritters in coconut oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member