- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 large ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- High-heat oil, for cooking
Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter, stirring just enough to combine. Fold in corn, basil, Parmesan and shallots.
Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and coat with a thin layer of oil. Drop batter by the 1/4 cup onto the skillet, cooking until cakes are golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member