- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray oil, for cooking
Combine ground coffee, sugar, chipotle and dried mustard in a small bowl. Sprinkle a moderate layer on both sides of steak, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
Combine brewed coffee, vinegar, Dijon, garlic and shallots in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat a skillet, grill or grill pan over high heat.
Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper and spray liberally on both sides with cooking oil. Cook steak for 3 to 6 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain. Serve with reserved sauce.