- 4 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red or green chile, minced (optional)
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 4 to 6 ounces grilled chicken, pork or marinated tofu, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cucumbers
- 1/4 cup shredded daikon radish
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced red bell peppers
- A handful of fresh mint, basil and cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts (optional)
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and cool. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, water and garlic; stir in chiles. Set aside.
To build the bowls: Divide mixed greens and noodles between two bowls. Arrange chicken, pork or tofu, cucumbers, radish, carrots and peppers on top. Garnish with fresh herbs, peanuts and lime wedges. Drizzle to taste with sauce and serve immediately.