- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato salsa
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt, if needed
- 1 (11-inch) sandwich wrap or whole wheat tortilla
- 8 to 12 spinach leaves
- 1 grilled or baked chicken breast, cut into strips
- A few strips of red bell pepper and/or cucumber (optional)
In a bowl, mash black beans with salsa, avocado and olive oil. Season with a little salt, if needed.
Place sandwich wrap or tortilla on a work surface and spread a thin layer of bean mixture evenly over the wrap. Distribute spinach leaves across bean mixture and lay chicken strips across the center of the wrap from one side to the other. Top chicken with strips of red bell pepper or cucumber.
Starting from the bottom of the wrap, tightly roll it, tucking in the ingredients as you roll, until the outer seams meet. Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes to overnight.
Slice into 3/4-inch slices and serve.