- 1 to 2 yams, grated (3 cups, about 1 pound)
- 1 small to medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or clarified butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 bunch kale or other dark leafy greens, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 sprouted grain tortillas
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup salsa
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a skillet, sauté yams and onions in olive oil or clarified butter for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add spices and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes. Add greens, cover and sauté for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Spread sour cream on one side of a tortilla and sprinkle 1/4 of the sautéed vegetables and beans on top. Top with cheese and fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place tortillas on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread salsa evenly on top of the tortillas and bake for about 20 minutes.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member