- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound red yams, scrubbed and sliced 1/8-inch-thick (see note)
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced 1/8-inch-thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dijon mustard, for brushing
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
In a small bowl, mix together cheeses, rosemary and garlic; set aside.
Layer yam and apple slices in the muffin tin, seasoning with salt and pepper, until half full. Brush with mustard and sprinkle with half the cheese mixture. Layer remaining yam and apple slices, seasoning with salt and pepper and top with remaining cheese mixture.
Bake until edges are golden brown and yams are tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then carefully remove with a spoon. Serve warm.
Depending on the shape and size of your sweet potato, use a round cookie cutter the same width as your muffin tin to cut the pieces to fit.