- Yields: 12
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Corn-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- Each serving
- 6g fat (3.5g sat)
- 20mg chol
- 380mg sodium
- 16g carb
- 2g fiber
- 6g sugars
- 7g protein
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound red yams, scrubbed and sliced 1/8-inch-thick (see note)
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced 1/8-inch-thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dijon mustard, for brushing
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
In a small bowl, mix together cheeses, rosemary and garlic; set aside.
Layer yam and apple slices in the muffin tin, seasoning with salt and pepper, until half full. Brush with mustard and sprinkle with half the cheese mixture. Layer remaining yam and apple slices, seasoning with salt and pepper and top with remaining cheese mixture.
Bake until edges are golden brown and yams are tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then carefully remove with a spoon. Serve warm.
Depending on the shape and size of your sweet potato, use a round cookie cutter the same width as your muffin tin to cut the pieces to fit.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member