- 1 pound flank steak, beef tenderloin or sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon safflower or canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (diagonal slices 1/2- inch wide)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery (diagonal slices 1-inch wide)
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms (use shitake or chanterelle, if available)
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach, shredded Chinese or Nappa cabbage
- 1 (5-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (5-ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
Trim fat from meat and thinly slice it on the diagonal. (For easier slicing, partially freeze the beef before slicing.)
Combine soy sauce, honey and broth in a small bowl.
In large skillet, heat oil until hot, but not smoking. Add beef strips and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or just until browned. Pour soy sauce mixture over beef and cook until it bubbles. Push the meat to one side and add green onions; stir-fry over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Push aside. Repeat with celery, then mushrooms. Add greens. Cook and stir until heated throughout. Repeat with water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and bean sprouts. Serve immediately.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member