- 1 (8-ounce) package soba noodles
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper oil, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Seasonal vegetables and protein (optional)
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse in colander.
To toast sesame seeds, place in a dry skillet over medium heat. Keep seeds moving until they release aroma, pop and begin to change color. Remove from heat and set aside.
Whisk together sesame oil, tamari, vinegar, maple syrup and hot pepper oil in a small bowl. Place drained noodles in a large bowl. Add dressing, chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seeds; toss gently. Add seasonal vegetables and protein if using and toss again.
This flavorful noodle dish is delicious hot, cold or at room temperature.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member