- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely diced poblano chile
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce, or to taste
- A few drops of hot sauce (optional)
- Small skewers
- Fresh raspberries or small cubes of plum
- Small basil leaves
Peel and seed cantaloupe and cut into bite-sized pieces.
In a bowl, combine lime juice, sugar, poblano, basil and fish sauce. Adjust the seasoning to your taste with additional fish sauce, sugar and/or hot sauce. Add cantaloupe and toss to marinate. Chill for about 1 hour.
Using small skewers, spear each melon ball with a raspberry and basil leaf.