- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1 bunch spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 red yam, peeled and cubed
- 1 large zucchini, cubed
- 1 bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 to 6 cups vegetable stock or water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add spinach, yams, zucchini and bell peppers to the pot; cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper and peanut butter; stir until smooth.
Cover and continue to cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro.