- 1 tablespoon butter, plus extra for baking dish
- 1 large leek – halved, washed and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach – thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss or Gruyère cheese, divided
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter a shallow 1-quart baking dish.
Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add leeks and cook until soft and translucent, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine leeks, spinach, milk, cream, eggs, 1 cup cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake until set and the top is golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member