What’s in store for September
Taste September 2013
In the meat department
Chicken grill packs
September is a great month for outdoor celebrations, so whether you’re hailing the last weeks of summer with a Labor Day bash or heading to a back-to-school potluck or football tailgating festivity, make the most of the outdoor grilling season by picking up some free-range PCC Chicken Grill Packs; each economical pack contains four skin-on, bone-in drumsticks and two bone-in breasts.
Then cook up the most mouthwatering chicken of the season with barbecue sauce or one of our recipes for Four Simple Marinades, including a Mediterranean, Latin, and Asian blend or a basic go-to flavor infusion, perfect for any meats or vegetables.
In the PCC Deli
The bounty of harvest
Round out your fall celebration menu with PCC Deli dishes highlighting the organic produce stars of the season, much of it locally harvested at the very peak of freshness.
- Moroccan Eggplant — savory roasted eggplant tossed with tomatoes, chickpeas, cilantro and spices
- Methow Valley Salad — greens, cucumbers and locally harvested emmer farro from Bluebird Grain Farms, tossed in a dressing of lemon, garlic and fresh herbs
- Roasted Cauliflower and Tahini — the unparalleled union of tahini and perfectly roasted cauliflower and carrots Rainbow Salad – a medley of summer squash and other garden treasures
In the PCC Bakery
Delectable, raw desserts
It’s always the perfect time for no-bake desserts from the PCC Bakery, deliciously sweetened with moist, organic dates, honey and fruit sweetener — not refined sugar. The following are available in 4-ounce containers.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies highlight rich chocolate and hazelnuts combined with sliced almonds, almond butter and shredded coconut, creating a moist brownie filled with little crunchy gems.
- Nanaimo Bars boast a bottom layer of coconut, cocoa and pecans and a filling of cashew butter and sweeteners that’s topped with a swirl glaze, resulting in a melt-in-your-mouth sensation.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars also are brimming with almonds, almond butter and organic cream cheese (the only ingredient that isn’t raw), creating a crisp bottom layer, topped with a smooth, creamy filling.