Get fresh with chèvre
This article was originally published in August 2013
Creamy, gently tangy, snowy white: fresh goat cheese is an ancient tradition whose versatility makes it always taste fresh and new. Like our entire cheese selection at PCC, our handpicked selection of fresh chèvre is free of artificial additives, so all you taste is pure contentment.
Fresh chèvre (French for goat) is mild with a complex flavor that works well in sweet and savory dishes alike.
- Sprinkle atop grilled vegetables
- Slice rounds of plain or herbed chèvre, bake until warm and soft, and serve with tossed greens
- Spread atop a bagel
- Stir into mashed potatoes for extra creaminess
- Enjoy on a cheese tray with fresh herbs, jam, honey or prosciutto
- Add to omelets, quiche or scrambled eggs
- Stuff into roasted peppers
Opened chèvre will keep about a week to 10 days in your refrigerator. Store wrapped tightly in plastic or wax paper to limit exposure to air, which can dry it out.
Remove chèvre from the fridge about 30 minutes before serving to let its flavors develop.
Try this recipe for Grilled Corn Salad with Chèvre