PCC Board of Trustees
Sound Consumer February 2019
APPLY TO BE A TRUSTEE WITH PCC COMMUNITY MARKETS
Winner of “Business of the Year” for midsize companies
— Seattle Business Magazine, 2018 Community Impact Awards
Help guide the future of the largest community-owned grocer in the country. PCC is seeking candidates for its board of trustees who have business acumen, executive-level experience in finance, retail operations and social and environmental responsibility, and prior for-profit board service.
PCC is committed to a culturally diverse staff and board of trustees. It currently has 11 stores in the Puget Sound region and will grow to 15 by 2020. The co-op’s sales exceeded $275 million in 2018 and active co-op membership is more than 60,000 households.
- Our ideal candidate is passionate about PCC, collaborative and can dedicate the necessary time to board service.
- Trustees serve a three-year term.
- For more information or to request an application, email: email@example.com
The application deadline is February 28, 2019. Trustees will be elected in June 2019.
December board meeting
The PCC Board of Trustees met on December 12, 2018 and devoted much of the meeting to the review of the proposed 2019 Operating Budget and 5-Year Strategic Plan. After an in-depth discussion of the key elements that drove management’s planning, the board approved the operating budget and strategic plan. The board heard reports from its Audit and Finance, Governance and Membership, Management Development and Compensation, and Social and Environmental committees. The board also received an update from its task force established to review and evaluate PCC’s current membership benefit structure and to consider alternatives to the current structure. CEO Cate Hardy reported on financials and co-op-wide projects and initiatives.
Annual Members’ Meeting and election dates
The Governance and Membership Committee set the following dates regarding the 2019 Annual Members’ Meeting:
- To be eligible to vote in the 2019 election, members must be an active PCC member as of February 1, 2019. Members are considered “active” if they have scanned their member card at least once in the prior 12 months.
- Voting online, at in-store kiosks, or by mail will begin June 1, 2019 and end June 22, 2019. Ballots also can be submitted in person at the Annual Members’ Meeting. Expect additional voting information in future editions of the Sound Consumer.
- PCC’s Annual Members’ Meeting will be held on June 26, 2019. The time and location will be announced in future editions of the Sound Consumer.
Communicating with the board
The PCC Board of Trustees has established several means for members or others to communicate concerns about PCC or the actions of the board or senior management, staff or other agents of PCC. Members may communicate with the PCC Board of Trustees by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending postal mail to the co-op office.
Next board meeting
The PCC Board of Trustees generally meets four times per year. Board committees meet more frequently, with the number of meetings depending on the committee. The next regular board meeting is scheduled for February 7, 2019.