New sustainability goals
This article was originally published in July 2018
PCC Community Markets has announced some ambitious new five-year sustainability goals in our annual Co-op Purposes Report.
- Add 1,000 new organic products to our shelves
- Eliminate petroleum-based plastics to package foods we make
- Provide an electric vehicle charging station at every store
- Achieve zero waste
- Reduce water use by 5 percent
- Decrease energy use by 10 percent
- Develop a supplier diversity and inclusion program
- Reduce carbon emissions associated with refrigerant leaks by 50 percent
- Achieve carbon positive store operations
- Move from 55 percent to 100 percent renewable energy credits for our stores
- Donate a million meals to our neighbors in need
Learn more about our economic, social and environmental accomplishments in 2017 and our goals for the future here.