- 4 medium zucchini, finely sliced (use a mandoline for spaghetti-type noodles or use a carrot peeler to make fettuccini-type noodles)
- 1 cup chopped snow pea pods
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Combine zucchini, snow peas and scallions in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a high-speed blender, combine almond butter, coconut milk, tamari, maple syrup, ginger, sesame oil and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Add garlic, red pepper flakes or cayenne and salt. Pulse briefly to blend.
Pour sauce over zucchini noodle mixture and mix well. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately or keep covered in refrigerator for up to three days.