- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed, shredded, peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and butter or oil.
Make a well in the center of the ingredients and pour in the milk and egg mixture. Stir until barely combined and fold in the zucchini, cranberries and pecans. Spoon into well-greased muffin tins.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes for small muffins and 20 to 25 minutes for large muffins. The muffins will be very moist inside.