- 1 fist-sized amount of Jerusalem artichokes (white or purple) unpeeled
- 1 small turnip, scrubbed and trimmed, unpeeled
- 1 small rutabaga, scrubbed and trimmed, unpeeled
- 1 broccoli stalk (not flowered crown), peeled
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley for garnish
Scrub, then thinly slice Jerusalem artichokes. Place in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice. Cut turnip and rutabaga in quarters, then in small, thin slices. Add to bowl and toss. Remove slices, arrange on plate, garnish with parsley and serve with your choice of dip. Try with a yogurt, tofu-based or bean dip — or munch ’em just as they are!
Variation: Grate a bit of beet root and sprinkle on top.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member