- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, tough stems removed and leaves chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 turnip, peeled and shredded
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
In a blender or food processor, combine basil, parsley and almonds; puree until smooth. Add lemon juice, and then slowly drizzle in oil while the machine is running. Season to taste with salt.
Toss kale, radishes, turnips, tomatoes, peas, cucumbers and cheese together with pesto. Serve immediately or refrigerate.