- 4 four-ounce fillets of salmon, skin removed
- Olive oil for brushing
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 apricots or small nectarines, cut in half and pitted
- Maple syrup for brushing (you may substitute honey or agave syrup for the maple syrup)
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup toasted or candied walnuts
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 8 to 12 whole basil leaves
Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Place the salmon fillets, top side down, in a small baking dish and place under a preheated broiler until golden, about 3 minutes. Turn the salmon over and broil the top until golden, another 3 to 4 minutes. (You may also do this step on a preheated gas or charcoal grill.)
Brush the cut sides of the apricots or nectarines with a little olive oil and maple syrup. Heat a nonstick pan (I love cast iron for this) over medium heat and place the apricot halves, cut side down, in the pan. Sear the apricots until deep golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the fruit to a plate.
In a salad bowl, toss the arugula with enough of the vinaigrette to make the leaves glossy. Divide the arugula between 4 plates. Top each with a fillet of salmon, 2 apricot halves, a scattering of walnuts, a few raspberries and 2 or 3 basil leaves. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member