- 1/2 stick cinnamon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- Olive oil for brushing
- Pomegranate Plum Reduction Sauce
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Place all whole spices, lemon zest and salt in a spice grinder or mortar and grind to a coarse blend.
Lightly brush the chicken with oil and sprinkle spice blend evenly over the surface. Rub it in to blend with the oil.
Place the chicken in a roasting pan and roast for about 1 hour, until the internal temperature is 165° F.
Rest for 15 minutes and carve. Serve with Pomegranate Plum Reduction Sauce on the side, if desired.