- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and coarsely chopped, leaves reserved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and sliced into thick slivers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked white beans (cannellini or navy)
- Honey-miso dressing
- 8 large cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons miso (chickpea or white)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, toss fennel, red onion, and garlic with olive oil to coat. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast, stirring every 20 minutes for 1 hour, or until vegetables are lightly browned.
In a large bowl, combine the beans, roasted vegetables, and half the honey-miso dressing. Toss to mix well. Add the cherry tomatoes and toss gently with remaining dressing. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Garnish with reserved fennel leaves. If you have time, let the salad stand at room temperature for an hour before serving, tossing occasionally, to allow the flavors to develop.
For Honey-Miso Dressing
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well blended.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member