- 3/4 cup cooked wheat berries
- 6 tablespoons milk or canned coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon dried, sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons plain or vanilla yogurt
- Coconut flakes, for sprinkling (optional)
Combine wheat berries, milk and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, while stirring. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes to heat through. Stir in honey, almonds, apricots and cranberries. Serve in a bowl, topped with yogurt and coconut flakes.
Try a different combination of milks, nuts, seeds and dried fruit for endless breakfast combinations.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member