- 1/2 cup emmer farro
- 10 to 12 leaves red chard
- 2 red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook emmer in boiling, salted water for about 40 minutes or until al dente. Drain and let cool.
Remove stems from chard. Cut leaves into bite-size pieces and slice stems. Toss sliced stems, cooked emmer, grapefruit and pumpkin seeds gently with chard leaves.
Combine oils, vinegar, syrup, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a small saucepan and heat until barely simmering. Do not boil. Toss enough of the warm vinaigrette into the salad to coat and make glossy.