- 2 Bartlett pears, ripe but firm
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin into rings
- 2 heads Belgian endive, sliced crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch watercress, tough stems removed
- 1/4 pound Stilton or Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Cut pears lengthwise into quarters. Peel, core and cut each quarter into approximately 1-inch chunks; place in a small bowl. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil, honey, dry mustard, salt and pepper and toss well.
Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add pears and onions, and cook, shaking the skillet a few times, until pears are golden brown and onions are slightly wilted, about 3 minutes.
Transfer pears, onions and any juices to a bowl. Add endive, watercress, cheese, remaining olive oil, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, and toss gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve warm.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member