- 2 pounds rutabagas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus 2 whole sprigs
- 2 firm-ripe pears – peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- Splash of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook rutabagas, potatoes and 2 sprigs rosemary in a pot of boiling, salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Add pears to the pot for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Drain and remove the rosemary sprigs.
Pass rutabagas, potatoes and pears through a ricer or mash by hand. Stir in chopped rosemary, cream and honey. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member