- 2 pounds rutabagas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus 2 whole sprigs
- 2 firm-ripe pears – peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- Splash of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook rutabagas, potatoes and 2 sprigs rosemary in a pot of boiling, salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Add pears to the pot for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Drain and remove the rosemary sprigs.
Pass rutabagas, potatoes and pears through a ricer or mash by hand. Stir in chopped rosemary, cream and honey. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.