- 3 tablespoons sherry or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heads endive, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 pear – halved, cored and thinly sliced
In a large bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, honey, shallots and garlic. Let sit for 15 minutes to soften shallots and garlic and to infuse flavor. Slowly whisk in olive oil to create an emulsified dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
Add endive and arugula to the bowl; toss to coat. Divide salad between 6 plates and sprinkle with bacon, blue cheese, pistachios and sliced pears.