- 3 large red onions
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, roasted, hulled and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped braising greens
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
Cut onions in half-moon slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the skins begin to char. Remove and set aside to cool.
Arrange cheese slices on a serving platter, cover and refrigerate.
In a large frying pan, heat the oil and butter over low heat until the butter has melted. Increase the heat to medium, add the peppers and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes or until translucent. Add onions, chives, parsley, salt and white pepper, and toss. Add the hazelnuts and braising greens, mix briefly and remove from heat.
Remove the cheese from the refrigerator and spoon the mixture over the slices. Season with lemon juice and vinegar and serve immediately.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member