- Flour, for rolling
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed but cold
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel Brie cheese, cold
- 1/4 cup cherry jam
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, chopped
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- Fennel seeds, for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to a 14-inch square. Trim edges to form a circle; set scraps aside. Spread jam in the center of dough about 1 inch wider than Brie; sprinkle with pistachios. Place Brie on top of jam and fold pastry to cover cheese. Trim excess pastry and press to seal. Brush seam with egg wash and place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Decorate top with pastry scraps, if desired. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with fennel seeds.
Bake until pastry is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.