- 2/3 cup rice flour
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large or 2 small carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 large baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red chili sauce
- 3 to 5 large green leaf lettuce leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (basil, mint or cilantro)
Combine flour, green onions, turmeric, coconut milk and 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water; set aside.
In a skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, carrots, bok choy, asparagus and ginger. Stir-fry for a few minutes; set aside.
In a small dish combine lime juice, tamari, 2 teaspoons water, sugar and red chili sauce; set aside.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat (you may need a small amount of oil if you find the pancakes are sticking). Add 1 ounce pancake batter and cook until pancake lifts easily from the surface and is golden and crisp.
Flip pancake over and place about 2 tablespoons filling on one half; fold the other half over like an omelet. Continue to cook until pancake is golden and crisp and then flip over one more time to crisp the remaining side.
Cut pancake in half, place on a torn lettuce leaf and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Wrap like a bundle and dip into sauce.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member